Coming May 2015
The VA Vigilante PaddleFit Challenge was founded to help raise money for homeless and disabled veterans in North Carolina. All proceeds from this event will go directly to the Onslow County Community Foundation for Homeless Veterans, Home of Camp Lejeune. The VA Vigilante PaddleFit Challenge is a fun and exciting way to show your support for the local veterans in need. They served for us now it’s our turn to give back to them.
We welcome anyone to participate in this event on Sunday, May 17th. To register for the event, simply click the link below and fill out the required information for entry. We will have three levels you may register for: Beginner/Recreational, Intermediate Advanced (Paddle Only) Advanced (Paddle & Fitness). The Beginner/Recreational level requires no paddle boarding experience. We will also have instructors at the event prior to the races.
October 25, 2014
The Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban team will be at Oktoberfest in Onslow County this year. Will you be there?
Oktoberfest is held on Saturday, October 25th, at Riverside Crossing Park in Jacksonville, NC. Our tent will be set up at the event from 10:00AM-6:00PM on Saturday. We will have a team of Veterans Disability Paralegals and VA Benefits Attorney, David Russotto, at our booth to help answer the many questions people have about veteran’s benefits.
We hope to see you there. For more information on Oktoberfest 2014, CLICK HERE.
– Community Event at Onslow County Oktoberfest -
The Veterans Benefits Law Firm of Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban sponsored the Veterans Information Area at the Onslow County Oktoberfest. The event was held at the Riverside Crossing Park in Jacksonville, NC and was a huge success. We met a lot of new friends like The Wounded Warrior Project, Semper Fi Fund, Vets Center of Jacksonville, Hope for Warriors, Vietnam Veterans of America, Army Recruiting Station in Jacksonville, NC and the American Legion Post 265, Army Recruiting Station in Jacksonville, NC and the American Legion Post 265. We had a team of Veterans Disability Paralegals and VA Benefits Attorney, David Russotto at our booth to help answer the many questions people about veterans benefits. CLICK HERE
August 14, 2013
– Donated school supplies to Operation School Supplies - Stuff the Bus
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban donated school supplies to Operation School Supplies - Stuff the Bus. WAVY-TV 10 and AAA are asking for your help this year in collecting school supplies for needy children in Hampton Roads. You can join WAVY-TV for our special "Stuff the Bus Friday" broadcasts at different locations around Hampton Roads. Supplies will be distributed to all school districts for grades K-12. School districts will distribute supplies to the schools in their district. All supplies will go directly to the school districts. Find out where they will be next week: CLICK HERE
April 20, 2013
– Relay for Life
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban sponsored the Virginia Beach Education Association in their efforts to raise money for Relay for Life. The event took place at Salem High School in Virginia Beach on April 20, 2013. We enjoyed celebrating the lives of those who have battled cancer, remembering love ones who have been lost and those who are fighting back against this disease.
April 18-20, 2013
– Attorney Phil Bradfield's daughter is Dorothy in The Wizard of OZ
– The classic tale of a young girl who goes on a world of adventure through the wonderful land of Oz comes to life on the Menchville stage starting April 18th, 19th, and 20th.
This year's cast is one of the most talented casts we have put together at Menchville High School in recent history. Click here to buy your tickets online.
Dorothy is played by Emily Bradfield in her first Menchville stage performance, followed by Juwan Palmer as the Scarecrow, Caleb Jones as the Tinman, and Colin Taylor as the Cowardly Lion. Rachel Lamb brings the cast together in her role as the Wicked Witch of the West.
With a professional technical crew and an incredible cast, Menchville High Schools production of the Wizard of Oz will leave you wanting more. Get your tickets now.
April 10, 2013
Attorney David Russotto and members of our VA Disability team, Jennifer Maxwell and Shawna Maxwell attended the Winston-Salem Veterans Stand Down. They were able to answer questions about the VA disability benefits process to the Vets who attended the event. United Way partnered with the Department of Veteran Affairs to host this event.
March 14, 2013
Most of the veterans that stopped to speak with us were not only looking for work but needed some form of guidance on their own claim for VA benefits. We were able to speak with a diverse group of individuals from veterans, dependents and active duty service members transitioning into the civilian sector. We found that despite all of these claims being at different phases of the process, all the individuals were eager for one thing; answers! You could see first-hand how poorly and uninformed the transition from the military has been for these veterans. The Department of Veterans Affairs did not step in and resolve any of this growing uncertainty. - Jennifer Maxwell, VA Benefits Case Manager READ MORE HERE
February 23, 2013
– Join Princess Anne High School in Virginia Beach on Saturday, February 23rd, as they host their 9th Annual Love Run 5K to benefit Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters. Please contact Kristina Berney at [email protected] for more information, to register or to sponsor the event.
October 27, 2012
– Charlotte Firefighters Association and Safety Journal Country Music Show
– Sponsored the Charlotte Firefighters Association and Safety Journal Country Music Show featuring John Michael Montgomery.
October 27, 2012
– Onslow County Oktoberfest — Sponsored a Veterans Services & Information Area where different veteran organizations joined us as our guests. [American Legion post 265, Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center, Department of Commerce, Division of Employment Security, Disabled Veteran Outreach, Hope For The Warriors, NABVETS #0054, NABVETS #0069, Semper Fi Fund, VA Medical Center , Rural Health Integrator, Retired Vietnam Veterans Association]
September 15, 2012
–Special Olympics Virginia is a year-round program of sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. We serve more than 11,000 athletes through seven regional offices and 30 area programs. We are one of 52 U.S. programs, and part of a global movement that serves more than 3.7 million athletes in more than 170 countries.
– Thanks to a statewide volunteer network of more than 20,000 and the support of generous partners throughout Virginia, athletes pay nothing to participate. And with nearly 2,000 events annually, including seven state-level competitions, we invite everyone to join us in our mission to open hearts and change minds about people with intellectual disabilities.
September 8 2012
– Employees donated to the Seton House Youth Shelters
Teenagers in Crisis end up at Seton Youth Shelters because of the hope offered to them and their parents. Seaton Youth Shelter leads the way in delivering critical help to teams in crisis throughout all of Hampton Roads. The caring staff offers hope and confidence to teens and parents while creative implementation of programs provides added capability. Help, compassion, and healing start here. We invite you to join us!
September 8 2012
September 7-8 2012
– Sponsored Blues at the Beach Festival. Celebrating one of the most cherished musical genres of all time, THE BLUES! Blues at the Beach Festival features two days of free concerts on an outdoor stage. Local, Regional, and Nationally-recognized Blues acts share the stage for a riveting and heartfelt tribute to the sights, sounds, and soul of the American experience. Local & National headliners have brought their intensity and knockout live performances to Virginia Beach. Talented performers, writers, singers and guitar players have appeared at the festival and enthralled Blues enthusiasts of all ages.
NC Gentle Expert Memorycare (GEM) Benefit
Donated to the Kill Devil Hills, NC Gentle Expert Memorycare (GEM) Benefit. GEM is an organization supporting older adults with memory loss.
– Don Marcari presented to students at First Colonial High School about Distracted Driving. The 60 minute presentation – part of April’s National Distracted Driving Awareness Month and in conjunction with The Casey Feldman Foundation, EndDD.org and 60 for Safety’s End Distracted Driving Student Awareness Campaign –offering high school teens an educational yet sobering glimpse into the tragic results when driving distracted. Take a look at a few facts below, courtesy of distracted.gov. CLICK HERE for blog post.
2012 All TAG Conference
– Don Marcari volunteered and spoke at the 2012 All TAG Conference presented by the Virginia Beach Library. The event brought more than 80 teens together from 7 library locations in Virginia Beach for an action packed, interactive evening of fun, learning and creativity.
February 18, 2012
– donated to the Rolling Thunder , Inc. Chapter NC-5 10th Annual "Chilly Chili Poker Run. Profits from this event will go towards the "SSgt Anthony L. Goodwin Memorial Veteran Dependents Scholarship Fund". SSgt Goodwin was a member of 1st Bn, 2nd Marines and was killed during combat operations in Iraq on Mother's Day 2005.
– donated to the Freedom Biker Run
– Raleigh Rescue Mission began serving the homeless in November of 1961 but the first seeds for the Mission were planted in 1959 when two local businessmen, Charlie Morton and T.W. For more than 50 years, Raleigh Rescue Mission has shared Christ’s love with countless people. We’ve helped well over 700,000 individuals begin their journey toward lasting life change by meeting their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
– donated to the Raleigh Rescue Mission
– Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina (SHFBM) strives through education, advocacy, and partnerships to eliminate hunger by the solicitation and distribution of food.
– donated to the Second Harvest Food Bank in Charlotte
Coach, Mr. Gudgins
– Please help Bayside Community get Coach Hudgins back in the game! Funds will be used to help offset Alvin's medical and reintegration costs
– donated towards Virginia Beach Bayside Community Coach, Mr. Hudgins medical expenses who became suddenly ill.
October 15, 2011
– Proceeds from the event will help children from all walks of life who are treated for a range of illnesses and injuries, including AIDS, asthma, birth defects, cancer, cerebral palsy, chemical dependency, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Down’s syndrome, heart disease, muscular dystrophy, spina bifida, sickle cell anemia. and more.
– donated to the 2011 Hopebuilders 5k Run in memory of Morgan
– Attorney, David Spencer participated in an effort to help the North Carolina School of Math and Sciences in Durham break the Guinness World Record for most food collected at one location.
The past record was 509, 148 pounds and the new world record broken this weekend totaled 559, 885 pounds!! K-Mart provided tractor trailers and 150, 000 pounds of food. Along with Chick-fil-A and other neighborhood organizations also participated. Congressman David Price and Gov. Dev Perdue visited the location to encourage all participants.
– sponsored the Norfolk Blues Rugby Club annual golf tournament
Celebrate Trees Donation
– donated to the “Legal Legacy Grove” in Norfolk, VA for the “Celebrate Trees” project.
First Colonial High School Field Hockey Team Banner
– sponsored a Virginia Beach First Colonial High School Field Hockey Team banner.
First Colonial High School
– The Lady Patriots Field Hockey team is AAA State Champions for the 2012 season!
– donated to the Chesapeake Fire Department towards a family in need during the Christmas season.
Some of the organizations we make donations to on a regular basis:
Every year we participate in Toys for Tots.