Veterans’ Rights Attorneys Help in Obtaining Benefits
Assistance with VA appeals across the country
You served your country. You were injured. You should get the benefits you deserve. It’s that simple, and yet thousands of deserving veterans have their disability benefit claims denied. Appealing on your own can be frustrating and time-consuming, and you probably don’t have the insider knowledge necessary to amend your claim and make it successful. At Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban, we cut through red tape. We have decades of knowledge and experience which we can put to work for you, no matter where you are across the country.
Understanding how the VA disability benefits process works
Disability compensation is a tax-free monetary benefit for veterans with disabilities from an injury or illness that occurred during active duty. Benefits apply to disabilities that occur during and after service, as long as the root cause is related to service. The claims process has several stages:
- Filing — You can file online or by mailing the claim form to your nearest VA regional office.
- Review — A Regional Office Representative reviews your claim to determine if further evidence is needed.
- Evidence — The Representative reviews the evidence in your claim and may request additional evidence from you, a medical professional, a government agency or another authority.
- Decision — The Representative makes an award or issues a denial.
- Notification — You receive written documentation of the Representative’s decision.
At this point, you may accept the decision, appeal a denial of benefits or appeal an award as insufficient for your degree of disability.
Experience and accredited attorneys manage your VA appeal
Our firm has experience in every stage of the VA appeals process for claims related to a wide array of injuries. Issues we manage include:
We help ensure you receive compensation or disability pensions, medical care, mental health treatment, educational benefits, loan and housing help, cemetery and burial payments, and vocational rehabilitation. We hope you will find our frequently asked questions about VA disability benefits and our resource links useful.
Delivering the help you need to win your claim
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban is especially active in assisting Vietnam War vets, Gulf and Iraq War vets and Afghan War vets, who rely on VA benefits for themselves and their families. Our team of veterans understands that you need successful resolution of your claim so you can get on with your life. We help make that happen, and we make it as simple for you as possible. We:
- Conduct your initial consultation to determine the validity of your appeal
- Guide you through the claims process and answer questions as they arise
- Complete and file all VA forms and requests for appeals with the proper office
- Handle all contact with the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Obtain necessary evidence and medical records to substantiate your claim
- Prepare and submit analyses of all evidence related to the claim
- Prepare you for all hearings
- Represent you at all hearings and appeals
Most importantly, our deeply committed attorneys keep you informed of your case status every step of the way.
Let us stand up for you as you appeal your benefits claim
If you encounter an uphill battle with the VA to obtain benefits that are rightfully yours, contact Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban online or call 866-866-VETS. Someone is always available to talk to you, even if you cannot come to our offices. There are no upfront charges, and you pay no fees unless we win your claim for benefits. Because there is no requirement that your attorney live in your region or even in your state, you can leverage our knowledge and experience from anywhere in the country.